The only real Flash Builder Profiler alternative (and it’s free!)
(now in Beta) is an open source multi-purpose profiler designed to help productivity and stability during development by displaying under-the-hood data of any flash app.
The main goal is to help expose and diagnose problems before they get too big.
It enables developers, artists, designer and testers to see what sometimes “cannot be seen”, such as:
- How many sprites are contained in the scene and how they overlap each others (including all “invisible” DisplayObject added as children)
- Instanciation, AddedToStage, RemovedFromStage, Garbage Collection
Advantages (Over Flash Builder Profiler)
- If you like my work, you can donate at the bottom of this page
- Overdraw graph
- Mouse listeners graph
- Internal events time repartition
- Instanciation Statistics/StackTrace for all Objects (including Objects created and destroyed in a single frame, which FlashBuilder Profiler just can’t track)
- Save sampling “Data Dump” in the clipboard
- Can hook on ANY flash app, local or web, debug or release, yours or others.
Take a look!